Brian H. Ratcliff earned his economics and business degree from the Hendrix College in 1985 and his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law in 1988.
Mr. Ratcliff joined PPGMR Law in 2014 as a partner after practicing 24 years at the El Dorado law firm of Shackleford, Phillips & Ratcliff, P.A. Mr. Ratcliff is the managing member of the PPGMR Law El Dorado office. His experience has been concentrated in the areas of civil litigation defense including workers’ compensation, product liability, premises liability, wrongful death and general commercial litigation. Mr. Ratcliff has tried numerous jury trials over the years encompassing a range of issues in many jurisdictions in the state of Arkansas.
Mr. Ratcliff is admitted to practice before the Arkansas Supreme Court, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Mr. Ratcliff is the past President of the Arkansas Bar Association in 2014-15. He has served as Chair of the Young Lawyers Section, and has received three Golden Gavels for his service and Frank C. Elcan II leadership award.
- The Best Lawyers in America, a Thomson Reuters Service, since 2006 (Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury Litigation, Commercial Litigation)
- Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, 2019
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Service, 2006-2021 (Civil Litigation: Defense; Workers' Compensation; General Litigation)
- Martindale-Hubbell, (AV rated)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- Arkansas Bar Association, President June 2014
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, President 2008-2009
- American Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association, President 1998
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, President 2001-2002
- DRI State Representative, 2002-2005
University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, AR, 1988, Juris Doctor
Hendrix College 1985, Bachelor of Art, Economics and Business