Chase A. Carmichael’s practice is focused on appellate advocacy and trial litigation. He has represented insurance companies and their policyholders in both state and federal court. In addition to insurance defense he has represented clients before the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission, the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission, and the Social Security Administration. Mr. Carmichael has consulted with clients regarding Oil and Gas leases, drafted Oil and Gas title opinions, and assisted with the defense of a major energy company in oil field contamination litigation.
His pro bono work includes serving on the Volunteer Management Committee for the American Red Cross in Arkansas. Mr. Carmichael previously served on the Board of Directors for El Dorado Habitat for Humanity, Inc. from 2008 – 2013.
His service to the legal profession includes currently serving as a member of the Arkansas Bar Association’s House of Delegates, and as a district representative for the Young Lawyer Section of the Arkansas Bar Association. Mr. Carmichael served as President of the Union County Bar Association for the year 2012.
Mr. Carmichael graduated from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2008, where he served as a Note & Comment Editor for the Journal of Food Law & Policy. Prior to law school, he attended Ouachita Baptist University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History. He was also active in OBU’s nationally recognized IPDA debate team, the student government, and the Carl Goodson Honor’s Program.
Mr. Carmichael is a native of El Dorado, Arkansas, where he currently resides. He is an associate in PPGMR’s El Dorado office.
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Journal of Food Law & Policy, Note & Comment Editor, 2007 – 2008
- Board of Student Advocates
- Phi Delta Phi
Ouachita Baptist University, Arkadelphia, Arkansas
- Bachelor of the Arts, May 2005
- Joint Major, Political Science and History
- Magna Cum Laude
- Carl Goodson Honor’s Program Graduate—thesis “Ticket Splitting in Arkansas Elections”
- Member of the Bar, State of Arkansas, Admitted 2008
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer Management Committee of the Greater Arkansas Red Cross
- Board of Directors for El Dorado Habitat for Humanity, Inc., 2009 – 2013
Service to the Legal Profession
- Arkansas Bar Association, House of Delegates
- District Representative on the Young Lawyers Section of the Arkansas Bar Association
- President of the Union County Bar Association, 2012
- Appellate Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Environmental Law
- Natural Resources
- Oil and Gas Law
- Toxic Torts
- Trial Practice
- Water Law
Get in touch
100 E. Church St.
El Dorado, AR 71730
P. O. Box 1718
El Dorado, AR 71731-1718